Monday, September 21, 2009

Food for the Soul

We all know that young men in high school want transportation and so this is a conversation between a young man and his father on his attempts to gain this transportation. Son: Dad, I'm sixteen years old now and I need car. The Father looks at his son and says" I'll tell you what; if you do these four things I'll help you get a car." The Son says " OK. What are the conditions?" The Father replies, "(1) get a job after school, (2) get better grades in school, (3) attend church on a regular basis and (4) get a haircut." So the son agrees. A few months later the son goes back to his Father, all smiles because he has done those things his Father set out and now he is ready to pick out his car. "Dad, I have done all of the things you said and now I'm ready to pick out a car" the son says. His Father replies," you've done good, improved your grades, got an after school job, got more involved in the church; but you did not get a haircut". The Son replies,"well Dad during bible study I noticed that Jesus had long hair so I didn"t see the need to get a haircut"; and his Father replies, "but Jesus walked everywhere he went." We should, each and everyone of us cause someone to laugh each day. All Things Considered Madu

No comments:

Post a Comment