Friday, May 14, 2010

ADRIFT

I've been away for a while, consumed with the efforts of day to day survival, emotionally drained, financially destitute, and wondering just what the hell is going on. I decided to reintroduce myself through a poem from my manuscript "From Darkness to Light" which reflects my present state of mine and perhaps my mirror your own; though I would hope not. The title of this poem is Adrift. Hope you enjoy it. ADRIFT I, alone with me, My soul adrift in a stormy sea. There is no lifeline-- Where is the harbor? Is there no place to moor? A kaleidoscope of emotions flood my senses, Flowing like Niagara toward a great abyss Devoid of any shape or form. The gaping jaws of eternity Come to swallow me whole. Chaos and confusion surround me: Buried in an avalanche of despair, Embraced by the arms of desperation; Come to me sweet oblivion-- Gently rock me in your cradle. Adrift.

No comments:

Post a Comment